København, it was a real pleasure meeting you. I fell completely in love with this city from the first second I arrived. It surprised me how easy it was for me to have a daily life here. I felt at home, I felt like a real Danish citizen when I could say every stop on the metro and the train out loud, when I ate smørrebrod, when I went biking or jogging in the center or when tourists asked me questions about the public transport and I could actually answer them!
I learned a lot. Not only about the Danish school system or other things that I've seen in class. No, I learned how to do my own laundry, how to clean and cook... And yes mom you where right, choosing what to eat for dinner every day is not easy at all! I learned how to be independent.
Another thing and the most important one that I discovered, is that friends can become family. I met new people from all over the world and we became our own little family. I hope that one day I can visit all of them in their own country and that I can show them mine as well. I still need to prove everyone that there is waaaay better beer out there then Carlsberg or Tuborg!
I'm not really good at saying goodbye, I cried a lot these final days. Especially when I started packing my suitcases. We all cried many times together but I think we laughed a lot more as well. I had the most amazing time of my life during these 4,5 months and I will cherish these beautiful memories forever. Now it's time for me to go 'home'. Although I will never be completely at home again. A part of my heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price I have to pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more then one place.
- Erasmus København (January-May '15)

Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten